- Europa XS – The story of recovering a poor abandoned Europa part 3 (She flies)
Our Europa, she flies! The wings were on and all we need to do was to […]
- Europa XS – The story of recovering a poor abandoned Europa part 2
We left the story with our elevators and rudder sadly in the Europa […]
- Europa XS – The story of recovering a poor abandoned Europa part 1
Part 1 of our adventure and endeavours to save a Europa XS left standing for 18 months... […]
- Radio interference can come in many forms, this is the story of two sources and how we fixed them.
Recently our group fitted a Pilotaware with external antennas and at […]
- Ground plane sizing for radio, transponder and PilotAware
Transponder, radio and PilotAware antenna fitting in a non-metallic […]
- Changing from Neuform to Kiev Propeller on an Ikarus C42A
This is a reflection of how I went about changing the propeller, it […]
- The little things count too when doing a preflight check!
Today we planned to fly to Le Touquet, but the weather had other […]
- ROCC – AGCS training is FAB
This weekend my friend Simon and I attended ROCC (Radio Operators […]
- Get Your Wings gets it’s BMAA Bronze and Silver Wings!
At the last (and my first) instructors seminar (Feb 2019) Rob Mott […]
- A very busy day at Turweston
A visit to Turweston I had been meaning to take my daughter flying […]
- PilotAware and Skydemon the perfect VFR pairing?
I had an exciting and varied day Sunday, first I taught lesson 7 from […]
- What is EC or should I say Electronic Conspicuity or even ADS-B In and Out?
What is EC or should I say Electronic Conspicuity or even ADS-B In […]
- A trip to the Isle of Wight, Sandown
The Isle of Wight was a trip I have long wanted to do and was also a […]
- First channel crossing and visit to Le Touquet
I had been wanting to fly an aircraft from the UK to another country […]
- PilotAware Classic to Rosetta
Being an I.T. person I like nice new shiny things so when PilotAware […]
- Officially a Flying Instructor Restricted
I’m always total underwhelmed when I receive a CAA license, you put […]
- Journey to becoming an flying instructor, Step 1 – Getting my AFI or as it is now called FI(R)
Well it’s been a long time since I have blogged, for that I […]
- A Cool part for my PilotAware
If like me you have built yourself a PilotAware you will have noticed […]
- Bang and mechanical failure late on final!
Sunday was a fantastic day to go flying blue skies, cold air and very […]
- Aviation First Aid and Fire Training
This weekend I did not fly and that would normally mean I don’t blog […]
- Little Snoring and the 60th anniversary of the McAully Flying Group
Today we thought we would be brave and visit it a predominantly GA […]
- First Visit to Brookfield Farm Strip and another test for PilotAware and SkyDemon combination
This Sunday Simon and I followed Colin and John over to Brookfield […]
- SkyDemon, Pilotware and a trip to North Coates
I have been having reliability issues with my home built PilotAware […]
- Set QFE in Dashware
I was recently asked how I managed to change the altitude to QFE […]
- Tomtom in the cockpit and it’s not for navigation!
So my new toy has arrived as much as I would like either a Garmin […]
- Aerobatics are not for me so how about flying without an engine?
The Easter long weekend gave me an opportunity to go flying in a […]
- uncertified GPS for ADS-B out
Saturday 28th Jan 2017 was another non flying day due to the British […]
- A quick blog about a short flight testing PilotAware with SkyDemon
So a great day to fly on Saturday, however our microlight was booked […]
- Extra eyes in the sky with PilotAware and SkyDemon
I have dipped in and out of the PilotAware project for over a year, […]
- An amazing days flying to Weybourne or is it Muckleburgh
The plan was to fly to Weybourne taking in a few sights on the way […]
- Microlights to GA NPPL(SSEA)
So it’s been a while things are mad in my work and home life […]
- A Journey from Microlights to GA
Today saw possible the start of the next chapter of my flying, […]
It’s been a while since i have posted and I plan to start […]
- A flight from the wrong seat!
A friend of mine is nearing his solo cross country exercises and we […]
- Exercise 16b – Operation at minimum level
Its been a while since I have blogged due to having completed my […]
- First flight with a passenger!
I decided since gaining my licence not to blog re every flight, as […]
- First flight as a qualified pilot!
Almost 3 weeks beforehand I had taken my GST and passed then […]
- GST day so possibly my last blog as a student pilot!
Sunday the 21st June saw me turn up at the airfield for another […]
- Friday Solo navigation flight, Sunday GST revision, Monday arrange a bank loan!
Flying is never cheap, but learning to fly in a microlight is good […]
- It’s been a busy couple of days
Sunday I went flying and had a double lesson and then on Monday I got […]
- Flying on a Wednesday evening, who would have thought!
I normally only go flying during the day and at the weekend, but as I […]
- Fenland airfield gets Déjà vu!
Low cloud 80% chance of rain and no cake at the club things were […]
- Boston here I come ready or not!
I woke early today around 4 am and found myself check the Met Office […]
- Dual Cross country to Boston UK
I got up this Sunday morning and planned my route to Boston and back […]
- Short field Takeoff and Landings
Short field Takeoff and landings were the order of the day as it was […]
- Too windy or not to windy that is the question!
It seems that every day that I’m not down to fly is perfect flying […]
- No Flaps!
The weather forecast for today all week had been low winds with […]
- A Busy Day At Chatteris!
Light Wind and a cloud base of over 3,000ft today so all looked good […]
- Side Slipping on glide approaches
Today we had a low cloud base once again and an increasing wind! Mike […]
- A Cold Front!
Today my flying lesson was moved forward by 1 hour as the British […]
- Practice Forced Landings (PFLs) with a different instructor
As there was no flying last week due to the weather so today was […]
- Mock GST take 2!
I arrived at the fly club to find a new C42 in the hanger (I wonder […]
- Mock GST
I have never been great with exams or even mock exams come to that […]
- It’s foggy, but not at the airfield!
Its foggy outside as I walk my dog, I don’t hurry as there is no way […]
- Triple First
Today Sunday the 11 Jan 2015 was triple first for me as it was my […]
- Training Fix
Twas the lesson before Christmas, when all through the hanger not a […]
- A roller coaster of a ride!
It had been 4 weeks since I last flew and I wondered how much I could […]
- The BMAA Flying Show 2014
This year the flying show was held at Telford which for me is further […]
- Solo Practice
The sun was shining and the overnight rain had stopped, the ground […]
- Turning a Rotax engine backwards
I have always been told never to turn the Rotax engine in the wrong […]
- Lesson 16A – Forced landings, constant aspect method
As I set off for the airfield today there was no way I would be […]
- Engine failures – GST revision Part 2 of X!
GST revision Part 2 of X! i’m not sure how many parts my GST […]
- GST Revision Exercise 17C Part 1
Is it really October? The sun is shining the wind is almost […]
- When two becomes one!
It was a lovely day to fly at Chatteris on Sunday low wind, sun and […]
- Local flying and few practice emergency landings
Today was solo to build my solo hours and practice some forced […]
- To windy to fly today or was it! lesson 16B
Today I went to the airfield fully expecting not to fly due to the […]
- Navigation not so lost
Well after last week I can say for the first time I was not really […]
- One step forward two steps back!
Well if the weather had been better the plan was for me to do a solo […]
- Navigation to Boston Airfield and Triangle of velocities
I arrived at Chatteris on what seemed a damp and grey day around an […]
- Rain stops play and I’m not at Wimbledon!
Not a lot to write about today sadly, I arrived early at the flying […]
- Navigation and what does the map say!
Today was looking good for my first proper navigation lesson; Mike […]
- Parachutes everywhere!
I was first to fly in G-CEGL on Saturday so I needed to “burp” the […]
- Two weeks for the price of one!
While I would love the title of this week’s blog to be the reflection […]
- ApproBASE Review
I got a tweet from this AviationLOGIC asking if I would review their […]
- Forced landings from high altitudes EX16A
Simon and I set of for our lessons together today, after leaving my […]
- Lesson 15 today, Unusual and Dangerous Attitudes
Another nice day to fly, a bit bumpy and a little breezy at times, […]
- Solo outside the circuit. Today the flying conditions were good!
Today the flying conditions were good and this was confirmed by the […]
- I’m leaving the circuit!
Another fun day to fly with variable and gusty wind and some light […]
- Finding my way in navigation!
Not a good start to the day as far as flying goes; I normally book my […]
- First Solo after more circuits and practice engine failures
I took a day off work today to have a double lesson of circuits, I […]
- Round and round we go, not in the circuit but advanced turning
Simon and I went over for our lessons together and only just made it […]
- Runway 21 and the curse of the trees!
There was no flying last week due to the wind, however I went to the […]
- Let them eat cake, oh and a great day to fly and practice my landings!
What a difference a week makes, last week too wet and windy this week […]
- Grounded by the wind and how to take a strobe apart!
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that […]
- Going backwards in the circuit
Another day in the circuit, I don’t mind spending week after week in […]
- Web site hits new high
The blog hit a new high on Friday 24th Jan with 75 visitors in one […]
- e-Go reaches significant point in its funding
On the 11th December 2013 e-Go launched on www.SyndicateRoom.com to […]
- Crosswind Circuits and Navigation Exam
This weekend I was at the club both Saturday and Sunday, Saturday was […]
- Navigation master class
Saturday the 4th Jan 2014 the first flight of the New Year; Earlier […]
- Flap less takeoffs and landings
Today’s lesson was landing and taking off without flaps due to […]
- Circuit Training with a twist – Engine Failure on take-off
Today (8th December 2013) like the last few weeks was more circuit […]
- BMAA Flying Show 2013
My first visit to the “Flying Show” Simon and I decided to visit the […]
- Meteorology Exam
Today 1st December 2013 would have been a lovely day to have gone […]
- Circuit Training Continues
Well not long back from another lesson (24 November 2013), and a […]
- Circuit Training
16th November 2013, Today’s lesson we continued to fly the circuit as […]
- CAA launch new portal for private pilots
New information published on the 25th October 2013 on the Civil […]
- e-Go takes to the skies
Today 30 October 2013 the new e-Go took to the skies above East […]
- Little Gransden Air Show 2013
25th August 2013, a day I will remember for a long time, no it was […]
- My next few lessons
My next few lessons built on the things we covered in the first […]
- First Lesson
The day of my first microlight flight arrived (18 July 2013) so […]
- My first visit to AAA Microlights
After searching on the internet, ringing around and exchanging emails […]
- Birthday Trial Lesson
For my 50 birthday in 2013 I was bought a trial flying lesson as my […]
- My first ever flight and why I love flying
My first ever flight was a long time ago in a Cessna 152 from Booker […]